Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Staying power!

“Keep your mind on Jesus [and]…you won’t get discouraged and give up.” Hebrews 12:3

We all have had to endure hardship at one time or another, but when we don't have any explanation for why, it can leave us bewildered and frustrated.  Often we question God about it...but He doesn't always give us an explanation.  We can search His Word, go to Him in prayer, talk to a godly counselor, etc. It's okay to question....even David did....repeatedly, in Psalms....but God still considered him "a man after My own heart..." (Acts 13:22).  I think the answer lies in keeping our eyes on Jesus. He was able to endure the suffering on the cross because he could look ahead and see how it glorified the Father and saved a lost and dying world. We can't do that...but we can look to Jesus and know that whatever we go through will be used to glorify God. The Psalmist said, “I have set the Lord always before me…he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved” [discouraged, or thrown by the situation] (Ps 16:8). We can draw our strength from Jesus and stay the course to victory.

Father, I thank You for this day and for the fact that I can keep my eyes on You, draw my strength from You, and whatever happens will be for Your glory. I shall not be moved. I love You. Amen and amen.


post signature

No comments: