Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Quickie Gift Card Instructions...









Here are the instructions for making the gift cards in the previous post.
1. You need a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock cut at 3 x 11-1/4". You can get 4 gift cards from one sheet of 12x12.
2. Score cardstock at 3-1/4 and 7-3/4. You should now have 3 sections measuring 3-1/4", 4-1/2", and 3-1/2". Using your 1-1/4 circle punch, punch a half-circle on the end of the 3-1/2" section.
3. Using your scallop edge punch, punch the opposite end (the 3-1/4" section). I didn't show this in my picture, but it is shown in the finished examples.
4. Fold the gift card holder as it will be when completed. Using the corner rounder punch, round all 4 corners.
5. Put sticky strip along the outside edges of the 3-1/2" section as shown. Fold up and adhere. This makes the pocket to hold the card.
6. Now you are ready to embellish with designer paper or stamps. I covered the front and back with DSP. The 3 pieces I used measured 3x3, 3-1/2 x 3, and 4-1/2 x 3. (You will have to punch the half circle to match the inside section and round the corners on the DSP to match each section.)

I hope this makes sense. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. By the way, I did not make up this design, but I cannot find where I got my information, unfortunately. If you know, please let me know because I want to give credit to the designer.


post signature

2 comments:

Denise R said...

I hope to get some of these made soon! Thanks again for the inspiration and the instructions!

Denise said...

Thank you so much for this great tutorial/instructions! I will be making some of these. Happy Holidays~