Saturday, November 28, 2009

Words to Live By...

I recently read that there are six principles to live by. Of course, I'm sure there are many others. Let's examine what God's Word says about each one:

  1. Don't worry, when you're doing your best. God's Word says, “Trust in the Lord, and do good…and He shall give you the desires of your heart!” (Psalm 37:3-4)

  2. Don't hurry, when success depends on accuracy. God's Word says, “Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty” (Proverbs 21:5)

  3. Don't form conclusions until you have all the facts. God's Word says, “Do to others as you would like them to do to you” Luke 6:31

  4. Don't believe a thing is impossible without trying it. When you are in God’s will, doing things God’s way, sensitive to His timing and willing to persevere, your problems are just a platform for Him to work on your behalf. His Word says, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)

  5. Don't waste your time on trivial matters. In order to put first things first, think about what God's Word tells us, “Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.”

  6. Don't think that good intentions are an acceptable excuse for doing nothing. God's Word says, “Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.” (James 2:17).

God's Word is full of principles to live by. These are just six of them. The scriptures are ones that I've heard over and over again....most of them I can recite by heart. That doesn't mean, unfortunately, that I practice what I preach. I try, but I always fall short, especially with number 6.

Father, I thank You for this day. Thank You for the principles in Your Word that You've given us to live by. I want to live my life according to Your Word, Lord, but I fall so many times. I ask you to forgive me for all the times that I have failed to do what I knew to do. Please give me strength and perseverance to live by Your principles. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: