Sunday, November 29, 2009

We Are Santa's Elves, Filling Santa's Shelves....

...With a toy
For each girl and boy.
Oh, we are Santa's elves....
                 -Lyrics by Burl Ives

When I was growing up, the highlight of the Christmas season was the much-anticipated showing of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on television.  We waited allllllllll year to watch it! Now, through the miracle of modern technology, I can watch it in July if I want....  We have become so used to instant gratification... there's very little anticipation anymore. Oh, well...I wouldn't trade our technology to go back to the hulking box of a television we used to have, with the aluminum foil on the antennas to improve the reception.  How did I get off track with that story? Must have been the elves' fault...
The other day, I gave a sneak peek at the project I've been working on. Well, now it's finished....TA-DA! This is my little Christmas album for the pictures I plan to take of my precious Ladybug. I started with a set of 6x6 chipboard pages...heaven only knows where they came from (I've been cleaning up my dungeon stamp room.) I used some unknown Christmas scrapbook paper I had in my stash (trying to use up some of the excess stuff that somehow has accumulated in my room). The elves were made using the ornament punch from Stampin' Up!  I think it turned out pretty cute, considering the fact that I don't make a lot of scrapbook albums. It's that instant gratification thing again....scrapbooks take time, but cards can be made quickly.
Anyway, I'll post more pictures of the album once I get Leighton's pictures mounted.











post signature

No comments: