Friday, November 27, 2009

Is Your Love in a Box?

“Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little.” Luke 7:44-47

In the gospel of Luke, we learn of a sinful woman who went to the Pharisee's house specifically to see Jesus. She brought an alabaster jar of expensive perfume, and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them, and poured the perfume on them. The Pharisee thought to himself that if Jesus was a prophet, he would surely know who it was that was touching him and what kind of woman she was. Jesus knew what he was thinking and rebuked him for it.

In other words, Jesus was telling us not to keep our love in a box. Pour it out...just as His love was poured out on the cross for us. If you think good things about someone, tell them. Go out of your way to fill their lives with joy while there’s still time. Don’t keep your love in a box!

Father, I thank You for this day and season of Thanksgiving. I thank You for reminding me to share the love that I have, while there is still time. None of us knows what the future holds, but I am so very thankful that You do, and You hold me in the palm of Your hand. Help me remember always to express the love and appreciation I have for others. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: