Monday, September 21, 2009

Anxious?

"Do not be anxious about anything." Philippians 4:6

We all have anxieties about things from time to time. There are certain anxieties that we all must face, like aging, disbility, retirement, illness, death, etc. There are also anxieties about decisions we must make, relationships, mistakes, etc. Anxiety can also come from the way we feel inside. Fear of rejection can lead us to shut others out of our lives. Anxiety can cripple us and leave us ineffective in all areas. It doesn't have to be that way, though. Our mind is the battlefield where victory is won or lost. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us (Philippians 4:13) and we shouldn't be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, present our requests to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard our hearts and minds (Philippians 4:6-7).

Father, I thank You for this day, and for the truth of Your Word. I needed this scripture today. You know my heart is anxious, but You promise to bring me peace and I trust that You will. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

vickiw said...

cute box, Someday I will have to invest in a bigshot myself. I've been hearing buzz about this new SU rule and it sounds like a gutt wrenching decision for many. May you have peace about whatever conclusion you come to regarding SU. As always I love checkin' your blog.
Prayers also for your man and his procedure to go well and that he feel as-good-as-new-soon