Monday, June 8, 2009

What's in Your Hand?

 “What is that in your hand?” Exodus 4:2  

God asked Moses that question.  Moses was holding his shepherd's staff.  That represented his livlihood...his income...his financial security.   God asked him to be willing to lay it down.  He still asks us that today. What's in your hand?  Your money....your gifts....your education...your job....your relationships? Therein lies many of the strengths God has given each one us. Strengths....and of course, we have our weaknesses. Perhaps what we view as a weakness God views as a strength. Sometimes we think God couldn't use us because of our weaknesses.  Well, who better to speak to and minister to those who are hurting than those who've been hurt themselves? Who better to minister to the imprisoned than those who've experienced imprisonment? I'm not just talking about incarceration...imprisonment can mean all sorts of things.  The point is, God can use us if we will let Him.

Father, I thank You for this day and for the strengths You've given me. I also thank You for the weaknesses because I know that it is through our weaknesses that we are made strong. I love You. Amen and amen.


1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Wow! What a powerful message. So true! I love this!! It's very timely for me to read this and it absolultely blesses and encourages me! Thank you for sharing it!
Hugs,
Bridgett