Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Run to Win...

“Run in such a way that you…win.” 1 Corinthians 9:24

The point is...don't give in or give up. How many projects do you have underway at this very moment? If you're like a lot of folks...too many. Many of us start things (just look around my stamp room!), but don't get around to finishing them...and the sad part is that we're okay with that. Complacency is very much a part of human life. The Israelites got used to living in slavery. They were actually angry with Moses when he wanted to set them free. When we get used to living with our problems and hang-ups, we cease to do anything about it. When that happens, the enemy has us exactly where he wants us. He doesn't want us to finish the race.
Are you committed to pursuing God? Wholeheartedly? If so, He will honor your commitment. But, if you’ve grown lukewarm and half-hearted about running the race Paul talks to us about in 1 Corinthians, God wants to help you get back on track and give you back the energy and enthusiasm you once had. His word says, “Return to Me…and I will return to you” (Zechariah 1:3 ). In this Scripture God is saying to us, “Turn around. Come back, you’ll find me where you left me.” Part of our inheritance as children of the King of Kings is a living, breathing, walking, talking relationship with Him. Please don't allow yourself to settle for less.

Father, I thank You for this wonderful day. I ask forgiveness for the complacency in my life. Reenergize me, Lord, and give me back the passion I once had for the race. I want to run to win. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: