Friday, June 5, 2009

The Power of the Word...

“Open your ears to the words of his mouth.” Jeremiah 9:20

“When you received the word of God…from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is…the word of God.” 1Thessalonians 2:13

“They were astonished at His teaching, for His word was with authority…they were all amazed …saying, ‘What a word this is! For with authority and power He commands the unclean spirits, and they come out.” Luke 4:32-36

“By God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed.” 2Peter 3:5

“My word…will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” Isaiah 55:11

“The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.” John 6:63

When listening to or reading God's Word, accept it as God's Word...not man's. It's authoritative...Jesus spoke with authority and power. We share the power of the Word. Stand on it! God's Word is creative...with His Word he spoke the world into existence. God's Word is effective...it does not return void, but accomplishes its purpose. God's Word is the breath of life...immerse yourself in it. It's life-changing!

Father, thank You for this day and I thank You for the power of Your Word. I thank You that it accomplishes its purpose in the lives of those who believe. I thank You for the changes in me brought about by Your Word. Please forgive me for the times when I should have been reading Your Word, but chose to do other things. I ask You to create in me an increased hunger for Your Word. I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: