Monday, June 1, 2009

Our Little Red Furry Friend...and more!

This Elmo card was inspired by all the various Elmos people have created for cards. I used the Sizzix Circle Scallop from SU!. I put the fold of the paper slightly below the scalloped edge so the card would open without falling apart. My little Ladybug just adores Elmo...so she tried to eat the card. We watch tons of Elmo at our house and my husband and I walk around humming the Elmo's World song or the Sesame Street song. Funny how those things can get into your head!

The next project was one I created based on the box on the front of the Stampin' Success magazine from SU! I cut my "To the Nines" Specialty cardstock from SU! at 12x4 and scored it at 5" and 7". The top corners of the box are rounded with the corner rounder. I used the Top Note die from SU! as the "lid" for the box. I scored it at 1-1/2" from each end, measuring from the point. The little "box" for the inside was cut at 12x1-1/2", scored at 1-1/2", 3-1/2", 7-1/2", 9-1/2". It has no bottom of its own, it just uses the bottom of the main box. These instructions are probably as clear as mud, so if you need further explanation, let me know and I'll try to do better. "Happy Father's Day" is from the All Holidays stamp set by SU! (#1114916).



post signature

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Had to tell you how much you inspire me both creatively and spiritually. I always look forward to your posts. Your ideas and projects are fantastic. Your comments and prayers are like a daily devotional for me. Thank you so much for all your time, effort and sharing of your talent. Blessings to you!