Monday, June 1, 2009

My Way or the Highway...

“He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their soul.” Psalm 106:15 NKJV

My way or the highway?? Is that how it is? So often we insist on wanting things that God, in His infinite wisdom, is withholding from us. When we continue to beg, plead, and pray for it, sometimes He just says, "ok, have it your way..." We might think that we've been given the greatest gift, yet often it's anything but. There is a reason God withholds things from us...it's for our own good. Yet we think we know what's best for us. The Israelites were the same way. After being brought through the Red Sea and delivered out of slavery, they soon forgot God's provision and lusted after things that God would not provide for them (for their own good). After listening to them over and over again, God gave them what they asked for...but "brought a leanness into their soul"...spiritual leanness. Emptiness. That's what wanting our own way can get us. The lesson to be learned is to wait on God. He sees the big picture. He knows what's best.

Father, I thank You for this day and for Your infinite wisdom that keeps me from things that would bring me harm. Help me to wait on you...you know how hard that is for me. I love You. Amen and amen.


post signature



No comments: