Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sticks and Stones....

"The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?"  Proverbs 18:14

"In your anger, do not sin." Ephesians 4:26

We say, “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me,” but most of us know that's not true. Words have the ability to wound deeply and a person can die of a crushed spirit.  The person who spoke the words (even in jest) can live to regret the damage they inflicted. Very seldom does anyone get a "do-over".  When you are angry, don't say things that might cause you a lifetime of regret.  Ask God to show you what needs to be said...what needs changing...not only in others, but more importantly in yourself.  

Father, I thank You for this day and for the truth of Your Word. Thank You for giving me guidance and direction. I ask You to forgive me for any words that I've spoken which hurt others and ask that You help me to temper my words with love and kindness, even in anger. I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: