Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Cost of Unforgiveness...

“Pray for those who mistreat you.” Luke 6:28

Grace.....we all need it. Nobody can go through life without being hurt, but what happens next is the really important part. Are you better....or bitter because of it? Bitterness is an infection of your attitude and mood. It can cause you to lose your friends and alienate people. Nobody wants to be around a bitter person. If you're not careful, bitterness in others can also rub off on you, leaving you with negative attitudes. Have you every been around someone who only wanted to talk about "what so-and-so did to me"? Do you know someone who keeps scores on the wrongs they've been dealt? Hopefully, it's not you. If you've allowed some bitterness and unforgiveness towards someone to creep into your life and haven't let it go, remember what Jesus said..."For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.." (Matthew 6:14-15).
Nobody really knows what anyone else has been through, but Jesus does. Nobody has ever been treated worse than Jesus, yet he was preaching forgiveness while on the cross. If He can do it, surely we can. God will give us the grace to do it!

Father, I thank You for this day and for the grace You offer so freely. I ask You to forgive me for any bitterness I've harbored in my life, and help me to freely offer forgiveness to those who hurt me. I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: