Saturday, May 30, 2009

Praise....

"Bless the LORD, O my soul; and forget none of His benefits."

"Because Thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise Thee."

"I will give thanks to Thee, O LORD my God, with all my heart, and will glorify Thy name forever."

"Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!"

--Psalm 103:2, 63:3, 86:12, 150:6 NASB

There are times in everyone's life when the circumstances make it difficult to think about praising.  Yet, God's Holy Word tells us that we must forget NONE of His benefits. With that in mind, there is ALWAYS something to offer praise for.  Even when we can't think of anything specific, we just praise God because He is worthy of our praise. 

One way to praise the LORD is to thank Him daily in prayer.   He is our daily bread...our living water.  I pray daily on my way to work while I'm driving.  It's always been a little embarrassing  to appear to be talking to myself as I'm driving, but these days with all the people who have hands-free calling with their cell phones, nobody thinks anything about it.

We can also praise Him through song.  When we sing with others, we are all praising the same God with the same words, thinking the same thoughts.  We come before the same Savior, filled with the Holy Spirit, praising together. That's what Christian fellowship is about.

I love to sing along with "The Message" on XM Radio while I'm in my car. Nobody hears me (thank goodness for them!), except God, and no matter what I sound like, it's a sweet sound in His ear. He wants His children to praise Him. 

Father, I thank You for this day and for the summer ahead of me. Thank You for the school year that's behind me and the one to look forward to. I pray for a restful, recuperative time away from work. Help me to use my time wisely and not squander the precious moments on things that don't matter. I love You. Amen and amen.

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Thanks for the post today! Nice thing to wake up to...have a great day!