Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm Not My Own...

“God bought you with a high price. So…honor God with your body.” 1 Corinthians 6:20

In other words...respect your temple.   God's Word promises that on resurrection day our earthly bodies will be raised to live forever (1 Corinthians 15:42).  But, what about now? What a conviction this is for me! I was just sitting here thinking about the fact that my knee wouldn't hurt (or threaten to give out) if I would lose some weight.  Part of honoring God with my body is to exercise, eat right, and get enough sleep. Hmmmm...I don't do any of those.  I seriously need to rethink my habits.

Father, I thank You for this day and for the fact that this old body will be raised to live forever on the last day. In the meantime, Lord, please help me to treat my body with the respect that You intended.  I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: