Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Where is Your Crown?

"The twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power,
   for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." Revelation 4:10-11

I have long loved the song by Chris Tomlin, We Fall Down (see below). To sing that song over and over to my Lord and Savior never fails to put me into a spirit of worship. I was reading a quote from Tommy Tenney (The God Chasers) the other day about the very thing spoken of in the song....laying crowns at the feet of Jesus:

"How do you approach the King of glory-from the position of the meek and lowly or from the position of pride while parading your own strength? Do you cast your prayer list at His feet or do you first throw your crown at His feet in worship, humility, and unconditional adoration?" - Tommy Tenney: The God Chasers

What a conviction! We are quick to cast our prayers at His feet...are we as quick to throw our crowns at His feet in worship, humility, and adoration? In my case, I'm afraid the answer is no.  I'm not. I want to be...I try to be...but I'm not there. God isn't finished with me yet. Praise Him!

We Fall Down by Chris Tomlin

We fall down
We lay our crowns
At the feet of Jesus
The greatness of
Your Mercy and love
At the feet of Jesus
And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
Is the Lamb

Father, I thank You for this day and for life, love, and salvation. Each day I cast my prayers at Your feet, but I should be throwing crowns at Your feet in worship, humility, and adoration....before I ever ask for anything in return. Please forgive my human-ness. I want to be one who seeks Your face before I seek Your hand. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

No comments: