Thursday, April 2, 2009

Waiting....

"I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope." Psalm 130:5

I pray each day for my family and an extended list of others who are in need of prayer. The selfish side of me wants the prayers answered right away and in the way I think they ought to be answered. But, that's not God's way. I have to learn to wait for Him...for His timing...it's always perfect. Lately I've had a lot of things weighing heavy on my heart....the terminal illnesses of my father-in-law...illnesses of friends....the death of a fellow teacher's grandson...and the list goes on. I'm a "fixer" and I want to be able to "fix" everything, but that's not my job...it belongs to the One Who saves, heals, and forgives. What I can do, is pray...and wait on God's answer. It may not be the one I'm looking for, but it's always the right one.

Father, You alone are God. You save, heal, and forgive. I plead the blood of Jesus over my family and friends who are in need today. May the blood of Jesus cover those needs and bring healing, forgiveness and salvation. Thank You for always being there. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: