Friday, April 10, 2009

Legacy...

"Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever." Daniel 12:3

What a legacy! The other night I saw a story on the news of a woman out in California who turned 115. We marvel over the fact that people can live that long. Yet, more marvelous than measuring life in years is the measure of life in terms of contribution. If my life was measured by what I contributed to the world, would anyone remember me? I think that might be one of the fears of death...that nobody will remember us. Yet, by bringing others to Christ, we can make an eternal impact on the world. In the words of one of my favorite songs by Ray Boltz..."Friend you may not know me now." And then he said, "But wait, You used to teach my Sunday School When I was only eight. And every week you would say a prayer before the class would start. And one day when you said that prayer, I asked Jesus in my heart.""Now, as a grandmother, I feel that God has given me a glorious opportunity to further His Kingdom by sharing Him with my granddaughter. That's the kind of legacy I want to leave...a legacy of faith in the Christ Who saved me! The Bible says by bringing people to Him you’ll “shine…like the stars forever and ever.” Shine on!!

Father, I thank You for this beautiful Good Friday. What an appropriate day to reflect on the legacy that one leaves once departing this world. I want to leave that kind of legacy for my family...a legacy of faith. Help me to be a shining example of Your love and share You with others. I love You. Amen and amen.

I will leave you now with this video from Nichole Nordeman...Legacy...




post signature

No comments: