Thursday, April 9, 2009

Not My Will, But Thine...

Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done.” Matthew 26:42

In Matthew 26:42, Jesus was in the garden praying on Thursday that He wouldn't have to go through with what He was to go through on Friday......not my will, but Thine. We should follow the example of Jesus. Jesus was praying that whatever needed to happen would...even though He knew that meant death on the cross. There will always be a difference between what our purposes are and what God's purposes are. His ways are higher than our ways. But, it's okay for us to ask for what we want from any given situation...that's just us being honest with God. But God may have other plans. Our part is to pray and then trust that God's plans will be the best...because they always are!

"God, in giving us all free will, said to us: 'Your will be done.' Some of us turn back to him and say: 'My will is that your will be done.' That is obedience to the first and greatest commandment. Then, when we do that, he turns to us and says: 'And now, your will be done.' And then he writes the story of our lives with the pen strokes of our own free choices." - Peter Kreeft

Father, I thank You for this day and for my Savior who went to the cross for me. If I had been the only one who needed saving, He still would have gone. I can't fathom such a love. We're going through a rough time in our family right now...we've had several years of tragedy, and we're on the verge of going through another loss. We ask for healing, Father, but we trust that You know best. We release him into Your hands. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: