Wednesday, April 22, 2009

MIA....

Stamping has been almost nonexistent over the last week or so. We're dealing with my father-in-law's terminal illness, which is in its very last stages.  We've also been babysitting (which has been the joy of my life!) while my daughter was away at dance competition. I spent Monday evening doing a stamping class at a church in town for a wonderful group of ladies. We had the best time! I think some of them are hooked!  Last night I managed to stamp a couple of small cards, which I hope to post later today.  We're in the middle of CRCT testing this week at school, which is very stressful for everyone involved. I tested students all day Tuesday. Since I don't have any students of my own, I am pulled to test small groups of students who need other accommodations, and I give some of the make-up tests.  We'll test through Thursday of this week and then Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.   My daughter called me last night to say that she has to take my son-in-law to the Augusta Burn Center for treatment of a terrible burn he received Saturday night while she was away at dance competition. She finally convinced him to go to the walk-in clinic Monday and they sent him to the ER where he was told he needed to go to Augusta. She's taking the baby with her, but depending on how things go, we might be traveling to Augusta this evening to pick Leighton up and bring her home with us.  I will leave you with these two pictures of my sweetie on Easter! The third one was taken yesterday and sent to me from my daughter's cell phone.

IMG_2184 IMG_2196 0421091151

2 comments:

Maria Gurnsey said...

so sorry to hear about your father-in- law! looks like you have been busy, she's getting so big :)

Denise said...

Such a sweetheart! Enjoy, they grow up so fast. My baby just turned 21!
Love your blog & creations.