Monday, March 2, 2009

Whiter Than Snow...

"Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7

"‘Come now, let us reason together,’ says the Lord. ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow…’” (Isaiah 1:18)

Have thine own way, Lord,
have thine own way,
Search me and try me, master today,
Whiter than snow, Lord,
wash me just now,
As in thy presence humbly I bow.

Have thine own way, Lord,
have thine own way,
Wounded and weary, help me I pray,
Power all power, surely is thine,
Touch me and heal me, savior divine.

From "Have Thine Own Way" by John Fogerty

With snow all over the southeast (except my house!), I couldn't help but think of this scripture and the so familiar song. Though my sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. Wash me, Lord, and I shall be whiter than snow. The Lord says, "Come, let us reason together..." What He is saying to us is that it doesn't matter how badly we've sinned, all we have to do is come to Him for forgiveness. Our sins are covered with the blood of Jesus. We are whiter than snow. How beautiful is that!

Lord, I thank You for this day and for reminding me that although I sin against You every day, I can still come to You and find forgiveness. Jesus covers my sins with His blood and now I am whiter than snow. Thank You for that provision. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

vickiw said...

You're blog posts are such a blessing to me and so many others and I technically dont even know you. Jesus unites us though. I love snow for this very reason. When I look out and see the pure whiteness it renews my spirit to know that is what Jesus sees when he looks at me because I have been redeemed by the scarlet blood of Jesus.
Be blessed yourself and hug that little sweetie for me.