Monday, March 23, 2009

Let Me Check Your Heart...

"Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life." Proverbs 4:23

When you go to the doctor, for any reason, one of the first things they do is check your heart. If your heart isn't right, there's no point in going any further without some sort of intervention. Without a healthy heart, all the medicine in the world wouldn't do you any good. The heart is the center of life....physically and spiritually. Our heart has to be right with God, or there's no point in going any further.   Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure in heart....".  He doesn't mention anything at all about how smart a person is, or how much bible study they might have done.  He focuses on the heart....Jesus knew the importance of having a right heart. Without a healthy heart, not only is physical death imminent, but a spiritual death as well.

Father, I thank You for this day and for an opportunity to live my life with a heart focused on You. So often I find myself focusing on things of this world instead. Help me today to guard my heart and not allow anything to crowd You out. I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: