Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Leave and Cleave...

“Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother.” Genesis 2:24

I had such a hard time when my children left home, especially when the first one left. As a parent, I felt like I wasn't needed anymore...and for a period of a few years, those feelings remained. Now that my children are older and we've been blessed with a beautiful granddaughter, God has filled up those empty places in my heart with a sweet little girl who needs her Granny. God is giving me the opportunity to pass on a heritage of faith to her...to teach her to love my Jesus. We don't always understand God's plans and purposes for us, but we can be assured that they are all for good.

Father, I thank You for waking me up on this beautiful day. Thank You for the two children You've blessed me with and for the gorgeous, sweet little granddaughter that fills my heart with joy. There was a time when I didn't think I would feel needed anymore, but that feeling has been replaced with an opportunity to teach my sweetie about my Savior. Please help me to train her up in the way that she should go. I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: