Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Answered Prayer...

“Their cry for help…went up to God.” Exodus 2:23

The Israelites groaned in their slavery...mostly to each other...until things got so bad for them that they looked up and cried out to God. Isn't that just like us? When things aren't going well, we groan and complain to anybody and everybody who will listen.  Instead of complaining, we should be praying...crying out to God. If we will give God a prayer to answer, He will be faithful and just to answer it. Now, it may not be the answer we're looking for....but we can rest assured that it IS the BEST answer. God makes no mistakes.   Jesus said, “My Father will give you whatever you ask in my name… Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete” (John 16:23-24)   What a promise!!!!  Ask away....

Father, I thank You so much for this beautiful day You've blessed me with. Thank You for Your promise to answer our prayers if we would just cry out to You. Jesus told us that whatever we ask in His name, that You will do. What an awesome promise!  Help me to remember to cry out to You whenever I'm tempted to groan and complain to others. You are waiting and willing to answer my prayers. I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: