Monday, February 2, 2009

Valentine "Boxy Card"

boxy card front

...I don't know what else to call it! I love this design, though.  My friend Susan shared it with me. Susan made a bunch of these at Christmas, and they were gorgeous!  I probably didn't make mine just like she did, but it turned out pretty good, I think.  I started with Kraft cardstock...two pieces, one cut at 6x9 and the other at 6x8. The 6x9 piece is the actual card, so score it at 4-1/2. The 6x8 piece forms the box to go inside the card. Score both of the short sides at 1/2" and 1". Score one long side at 2" and 2-1/2".  Fold on score lines, but the tabs and adhere the box to the inside back of the card. (I attached my Chocolate Chip satin ribbon to the inside back of the card before I adhered the box to the back.)  I also   trimmed the sides of my box so they were angled.  The front was decorated with Pirouette Pink cardstock and Basic Grey designer paper. The "love" image and punched hearts are from SU! 

boxy card inside

boxy card side view

3 comments:

Bridgett said...

This is a really kewl project! I haven't seen this before! Thanks for sharing the directions!

Maria Gurnsey said...

this is SO CUTE!!! i love that it's not to big that you have to spend a fortune to fill it with candy. or rot your kids teeth out because there is so much ;)
TFS!!

Jaime said...

That is awesome! Always so inspiring, now if I could only find the time. . . hehe I may have to this week.