Saturday, February 14, 2009

Stand...

“Having done all…stand.” Ephesians 6:13

When was the last time you were attacked? Attacks from the devil can come at us seemingly out of nowhere...when we least expect it. The enemy knows where we are vulnerable and he’ll push us to the limits. When he does, we have to remember: “Blessed is the man who endures…when he has been approved, he will receive the crown” (James 1:12). “Approved” means victory qualifies you for greater things. “Endures” means your staying power is being tested. So, “having done all…stand.”

The enemy is relentless. Therefore, we must be also. When it comes to prayer, persistence overcomes his resistance. That's where the endurance comes into play. So stay in there and keep fighting! God always comes through. When Joshua needed extra time to defeat his enemies, the sun stood still. God was saying, “As long as the sun doesn’t go down you won’t go down either, for the same power that’s holding it up is holding you up.” What a beautiful thought!

Father, I thank You for this day and for the power to overcome the attacks on my life from the evil one. Lord, they come at me every day, in one way or another. Some days I feel as though I just can't go on. But, You are always there to pick me up, dust me off, and set my feet back on the path You want to me follow. Without You, I am nothing. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: