Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Quiet Time...

"In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch."  Psalm 5:3

Are you a morning person? I'm not. I really don't want to talk to anyone when I first wake up.  I have to try hard not to be grouchy.  If you think about it, the way we get up in the morning sort of sets the tone for the day.  You may have heard people talk about their "quiet time". I have tried over the years to have a quiet time every morning.  It doesn't always work out that way for me.  But, I love to be alone with God for a few minutes at the start of the day. When I first started trying to have a "quiet time", I would agonize over how I was going to fill up 30 minutes or an hour of time.  I've come to realize that there is no magic amount of time...even 5 minutes is a good thing.   Every day on my drive to work, I spend time alone with God, praying for my family, calling each one by name.  I want God to hear my petitions specifically for each one of them.  Also, if something particular is happening that day, I hand my concerns about it over to Him. I could easily start my day feeling anxious, hurried, fearful, or rushed. But I don’t have to. I'm going to start my day anyway; why not start it with Jesus?   Each day begins with a first thought, a first word, a first deed.  Why not let them belong to God? Petition the Lord, and then watch eagerly to see His hand at work in your life!

Father, I thank You for this wonderful day You've blessed me with. Thank You for the opportunity to spend an awesome weekend with my Stella and Little Ladybug. Those precious moments I spent snuggling with her and talking to her mean so much to me.  Thank You for my precious little one.  As I go through the remainder of the week, Lord, I ask You to help me prioritize the things I have to do. When I'm overwhelmed, I shut down. I need Your help to keep going. I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: