Sunday, February 1, 2009

More, more, more...

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5

Being content with what you have...that's not always easy. Everyday we are bombarded with advertising that suggests that we "need" something bigger and better than we have. Our society is consumed with "keeping up with the Joneses". Even little kids get caught up in the mindset. All you have to do is listen to their conversations in the toy or electronics section at Wal-Mart. Yet, God's Word says we must be content with what we have. Our conduct must be without covetousness...in other words, don't want what somebody else has.

Father, I thank You for this day...the Lord's Day. I thank You for another opportunity to go into Your house and worship You. Father, I am as guilty as anyone in always wanting more than what I have. I truly am thankful for all that You've given me. Help me to remember that there are so many others who are not as fortunate. Help me to be content with what I have, and not to always want more and better. I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: