Friday, February 27, 2009

Is the Lord Delighted?

"The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful." Proverbs 12:22

What an appropriate scripture for the day we live in. We are surrounded by people who seem to allow one lie after another just slip past their lips....without batting an eye. It's like a second nature to many people. Even in school we see how easy it is for children to lie....often....without remorse...very easily....they learned it somewhere. As adults, we have a responsibility to be role models to children around us. We should strive to be openly honest and forthcoming. If everyone followed that suggestion, what a wonderful world we'd live in.

Father, I thank You for this day and for the end of a long arduous week. I am so thankful for a weekend of rest. Father, I ask forgiveness for every time I have been less than honest about anything and everything. I ask your forgiveness for those in charge of our school system. Please heal the wrongs that have been done. It is Your children who are suffering. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: