Wednesday, February 18, 2009

He's Got Your Back...

“Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.” Psalm 23:4

Isn't it wonderful to know that God is looking out for you?  I've often thought that the most frequent promise in Scripture was about salvation or heaven, when it fact, it is about God's promise to watch over us, guide us, and protect us.  The twenty-third Psalm is one of those promises.  God reminds us all the time that He goes with us. When the Israelites were in the desert, God sent manna to feed them, and a pillar of cloud and fire that went before them.  What a constant reminder of God's goodness and mercy that must have been. When you feel alone...look up! God is looking out for you!

Father, I thank You for Your constant and abiding love...for watching over and protecting us. You are the pillar of cloud and fire that goes before me. All I have to do is look up. You are there, watching over me. Thank You! Amen and amen.

No comments: