Monday, February 2, 2009

For Such a Time as This...

“Do not imagine that you in the king’s palace can escape any more than all the Jews. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?” Esther 4:13-14

I love the story of Esther. It's such a powerful testimony about how God places us in situations that we may not understand, or even like for that matter, but that are necessary to fulfill God's purposes. We may be in a situation because of the part God wants us to play in the life of someone else and the plans He has for that person. Who knows? Whatever the reason, we can rest assured that our lives are in God's hands, and as for me, that's exactly where I want to be.

Father, I thank You for this day and a new week ahead...full of new opportunities and chances to show Your love to those around me. Thank You for those things or situations I find myself in, that I may not understand, because I know it is all part of a larger plan...one designed to accomplish Your will. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

No comments: