Friday, February 20, 2009

Feeling the Stress???

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:29

If you happen to be a teacher in the county in which I live, you are feeling a tremendous amount of stress right now. Jobs are due to be cut because of a severe budget crisis...probably lots of jobs. It is NOT a good time to be a teacher. By nature, teachers have the need to be in control. Stress is brought on by our need to be in control...and to know everything ahead of time. How often do we pray, and say we're turning our problems over to God, but then go back and pick them up again? How often do we have Plan B in place, just in case? I believe we limit God by not trusting that He can handle whatever we give Him. Jesus didn't lay awake at night, stressing over how something was going to turn out. He knew that His Father in heaven would take care of it. Oh, we of little faith! The next time you start spiraling out of control with questions that you can't immediately answer, give it to God. He's bigger than whatever our problems might be.
(By the way, I'm preaching to myself!)

Father, I thank You for this day, and the fact that You are bigger than any problem I have. You are there...always....and care about the most seemingly insignificant things in my life. If it bothers me, You care about it. I love You for that. Father, I lift up each teacher...each employee of the school system...to you and ask that You intervene and make provisions for their jobs to be spared. Whatever the outcome might be, Father, I'm trusting You to take care of me. Whatever happens will be okay...I am Yours. I love You. Amen and amen.


post signature

1 comment:

Stamp/nScrap said...

I'm a teacher and am feeling the stress for all of my fellow teachers who are looking at the possible loss of their jobs by the end of the current school year. Although I'm pretty safe due to being in our district for a little over 20 years now, we're looking at losing about 59 teachers in a small school district. I pray for them and know that God ultimately has a plan and I trust in him.