Friday, February 13, 2009

Come Away...

“Come aside…and rest a while.” Mark 6:31

When we look at the life Jesus lived, we can see that He used control...in all things. We should always try to follow His example! Jesus did something that I find very hard to do in my own life...Jesus said no to good things so that he could say yes to the right things...the best things. There is an old saying that goes, "good, better, best...never let it rest, until your good is better, and your better is best". So often, I find myself spending a lot of time on "good things", but they're not necessarily the "best things" that God would have me to spend my time on. How do we know what to say no to (when it's not obvious)? The answer lies in Mark 6:31...get away from the crowd and meet with Jesus in a quiet place – a place to think, to pray, and to hear from God...to be revived. The devil majors in three things: noise, hurry, and crowds. The more he can get us to be distracted with the busyness of life, the happier he his. It seems that we spend our lives in a rat race...but Jesus stands patiently waiting on the other side saying, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28). Will you come? A thousand voices...from all sides...will tell you not to. Ignore them!

Father, I thank You for today and for the examples Jesus gave us to live by. My prayer is that I will stop allowing myself to be distracted by things that have no eternal value...but to spend time with the One who made me whole...my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Thanks for sharing your faith on your blog. This is an awesome way to encourage others about Christ. Thanks for taking that step! Love your blog but LOVE, even more, your faith in Christ!