Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bring Us Peace, Lord...

“The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:26

We are experiencing such a devastating mess in our county with the budget, school board, and decisions being made to cut jobs for teachers. It's questionable as to whether or not there will be enough funds to make payroll for the remainder of this school year.  There is something terribly wrong when jobs in education are cut from the bottom (teachers) instead of from the top.  If our board doesn't vote to raise the millage rate tonight, there will be a great number more teachers who are out of a job for next year.   I have been an educator in this county for 20 years, but I left the classroom 2 years ago to become the Literacy Coach at my school, so I lost my tenure.  I hope that my 20 years counts for something.  The only thing we can do is pray and ask God to forgive the wrongs that have been done and look favorably upon us and bring us peace...the peace that passes all understanding to guard our hearts and minds...because none of us right now understand what's going on.

Father, I thank You for this day and for the fact that I still have a job to go to. We don't know what this night will bring, Lord, but You do. You've known this situation would occur and You have a plan through it all. Good will come from this, as You promised. We have to trust in You and continue to pray. Bring us peace, Lord. Our teachers need You so desperately today. I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: