Monday, January 5, 2009

What's Your Gift?

"Each of you has been blessed with one of God's many wonderful gifts to be used in the service of others. So use your gift well." 1 Peter 4:10

God is the giver of many wonderful gifts. But, He wants us to share those gifts with other. We are to use them in service to others. First, He has given us the gift of eternal life for those who believe. He wants us to use that gift to bring others to Him. To some of us, He has given the gift of teaching. We are to use that gift to teach others about Him. Some have been given the gift of discernment to separate truth from fiction. The gift of compassion moves people to action on behalf of those in need. People with the gift of compassion don't usually ask, 'should I help?', but rather 'how can I help?'. The gift of giving is the commitment to provide whatever resources are needed to support God's will and plan...money, time, and/or energy. Some of us have been given the gift of helping...providing support behind the scenes. There are other gifts that I've not mentioned. It doesn't make any difference what your gift is...as long as you use it to further the Kingdom. What is your gift?

Father, thank You for this day and the gifts that You so freely give. Thank You most of all for the gift of eternal life through Your Son Jesus Christ and His atoning work on the cross. You have given me so much, yet I feel as though I return very little to You. Father, forgive me for what I have failed to do and help me to better share the gifts You've given me. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I know that I have gifts and callings in my life that God has blessed me with. I hate to think that I have wasted time not using them to further the Kingdom and yet I know I have. I pray that each day throughout this year, I will see the opportunity to walk in those gifts and callings and to share my love for the LORD in ways that please Him.