Monday, January 19, 2009

What's Your Choice?

"You did not choose Me, but I chose you." John 15:16

Do you remember "choosing teams" as a child playing at recess? I do....painfully remember. I was always the last one chosen, probably because I was an uncoordinated geek. I praise the Lord today that He doesn't "choose teams" like children do! As I think back over my life...years that I wasted making wrong choices...it breaks my heart. There are no "do-overs"...no "gimmes"...no "mulligans" in life. The choices we make determine our present and future. We can't do anything to change the past. As I recall this verse in John 15, I am so thankful that my God does not make any wrong choices. He chose me...even when I didn't choose Him. He saw something in me that I couldn't see in myself.

Father, I thank You for this beautiful day and the fact that You chose me. In my own eyes, I was not worthy of being chosen by anyone...least of all You. But, thank You for seeing the potential that was there all the time, but I had kept covered up by things of this world and choices that drove me farther away from my First Love. Even when I didn't choose You, You chose me. For that I praise You, Lord. Thank You for being the God of second chances, third chances, fourth chances, and more. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

What a beautiful message. I, too, remember getting picked last or near the last...and it was no fun! I am glad God chose me...and each time I read that I think of the same image...being picked last by others but God doesn't pick the best qualified...He just picks those who have a heart to serve.