Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Temple...

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple." 1 Corinthians 3: 16-17


Wow! What a conviction that is!! Does overeating, or eating junk, or not exercising count? Yikes! Guilty, guilty, and more guilty! God wants us to be shining examples of His handiwork for the whole world to see. It's so easy to get run down and stressed out. When I'm stressed, I tend to eat...and trust me, it's not good. I eat junk. To take care of the temple of the Spirit, we need to take time for ourselves. We shouldn't feel guilty about it, either. We need to be refreshed. There's no better way of refreshing ourselves than spending time in God's Word and basking in His Presence. I'm preaching to myself, here.


Father, thank You for this day and loving me so much. Thank You for this body that I've spent years abusing. Forgive me for not taking proper care of Your temple. When I'm stressed out, Lord, please help me remember that I can go to You and be refreshed and renewed. I love You. Amen and amen.


post signature

No comments: