Monday, January 19, 2009

Something New to Love...

This is my first "envelope" card. I started with a sealed invitation-size envelope. After trimming one end off, I rolled (not folded) it in half, lengthwise, and cut the corner at an angle. I did this to make sure both corners ended up evenly trimmed on the diagonal. I could have measured it and marked it before cutting each side individually, but I figured doing it the other way saved me some time. I folded the front flap down and covered the flap and front with DSP. The pink polka-dot on the folded flap is from Sweet Always by SU! The heart paper is from BasicGrey---"Bittersweet- Mousse" For the card inside, I layered Whisper White onto Pink Pirouette and trimmed the top with scraps of Pink Pirouette and DSP. The image and sentiment is from Something New to Love by SU! I sponged the edges of everything with Creamy Caramel, added ribbon and Creamy Caramel buttons sewed on with linen thread.

post signature