Monday, January 26, 2009

R is for Red...




...my fave color! This little red acetate basket was made using the Sizzix Baskets and Blooms die from SU! I used the heart from the Priceless stamp set (SU!) on the front. I adhered a piece of red-line ricrac adhesive around the basket and then dusted with Dazzling Diamonds.

I didn't get any projects made this weekend. I had my Valentine Class on Saturday, which lasted about 4 hours. I was exhausted, but we had a great time! Then Richard and I had to get the house ready for the 20 guests we were expecting for Sunday lunch. We had a delicious lunch of baked ham, green beans, squash, rice and tomato gravy, potato salad, tossed salad, rolls, creamed corn, banana pudding, and cake. All the veggies (except green beans and salad) were from our garden. Yummmm! After we ate, everyone visited and reminisced about growing up. We should really get together more often. The only one of us kids who wasn't there was my brother (and my sister Carol who passed away about 15 years ago)....there were 7 of us kids....and we all have kids of our own...so the house was overflowing! I'm the only one of us with a grandbaby...lucky me!!! My little sweetie fell asleep about 5 minutes after getting to my house and slept the whole time. So, I had to go visit her late in the afternoon and get my daily snuggles.
I have to begin preparing for a couple of small Valentine classes coming up, so hopefully you'll be seeing some projects this week.

post signature

5 comments:

Maria Gurnsey said...

I love the red acetate!! ADORABLE!!!

Creations by Patti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Creations by Patti said...

OK - I had to repost a comment because I had some (a lot) of mis-spelled words.........so here it goes again: OMG: how cute is this? I love the use of the red acetate. Red is my absolute favorite color. Thank you for sharing and showing how beautiful this looks!!!!! I will be on the hunt for a case of red acetate. best, P

Twila said...

Hi Anne Marie, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog, not only for your creations but for your scripture verses as well. Hope your family is seekking God's comfort in the loss of your loved one. God is a great comfort to those who believe. I did want to tell you I have given you a blog award over on my blog. COngrats and have a nice day.

Bridgett said...

Beautiful project! I love hearing of your gathering. What a wonderful time you must have had and of course the snuggle time afterwards with your little Ladybug made even better!!