Monday, January 26, 2009

My Strength...

"The Lord is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy." Psalm 28:7

Last week was a devastating one for my family with the loss of my sister's husband (my husband's first cousin). Yet, regardless of the tragic circumstances, we never have to wonder or doubt if God is there during those difficult times. He is. No matter how many tears fall, He is there to wipe them away. Sometimes the trials we go through seem as though they will be the end of us. The trials serve to purify us as the refining fire needed to burn the dross from silver. No matter how hot the flames are, we will not be scorched. We will come out as precious silver. We have to give God our troubled hearts and watch Him do a transforming work.

Father, thank You for this day and for the love that You have for us. Thank You that we never have to doubt whether You are there. I plead the blood of Jesus over my sister and her family. There is power in the blood to heal the hurt in their lives. Please do a transforming work in them. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: