Tuesday, January 6, 2009

An Invitation...

"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

What a precious invitation! God wants us to come to Him when we're worn out, weary, downtrodden, and our spirits are crushed from the things of this world. But, He also wants us to come to Him when we're feeling wonderful, or just need refreshment from the One Who loves us beyond anything we could ever imagine. He longs to teach us things...revealing more of Himself to us. A visit with the King of Kings...what more could we ask for?

Father, thank You for this wonderful day and the invitation to come to You when my spirit is crushed. Lord, this world takes so much out of me and I need the daily renewal that only You can provide. I want to rest my head on your chest and hear You tell me that everything is going to be fine. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

You know, I keep seeing this same message in different places and it is one area in my life that I struggle right now...spiritually speaking. I find it so hard to just simply REST in Him. I love that you say it is an invitation and how nice to think of it as just relaxing with my best friend! I long to do that...just rest in Him!