Thursday, January 1, 2009

Behold, All Things Are New...

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all thing have become new.” 2 Cor. 5:17

Isn't it great? A shiny new year...a chance to begin again...start over...new resolutions...a chance to "do it right this time". With Christ's atoning death on the cross, we are given a chance to begin again, sins forgiven. All that is necessary is that we believe in our heart...we can't buy our salvation. We can't do anything to "earn" our salvation. It is a gift...totally free of cost on our part...but paid with the ultimate price by our Lord and Savior. If we could gain salvation any other way, Christ's death on the cross would have been for naught. If you don't know Christ as Lord and Savior, make this the year that all things become new through Him. Your eternity depends on it.

Father, I thank You for this day...this wonderful new year. Thank You for the opportunity to begin again. Lord, this past year was one of heartache, stress, worry, loss, pain, sickness, but undescribable joy as well. I pray that this new year is one filled with health, happiness, love, joy, and an abundance of laughter. I pray that my loved ones will still be here this time next year...happy and healthy. I pray for this world, Father. I pray for this country. We have fallen so far away from You. Let this be the year that we return to our First Love. Help me to be a better, more committed Christian whose light shines in a world of darkness. I have so many unspoken requests...but You know what they are. Thank You for loving me. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

Amber said...

I hope that you have a New Year filled with lots of blessings and happiness as well !