Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bee Happy....


This little "bee happy" box is perfect for delivering small treats to friends this Valentine's Day. I created the pattern for the little box and I want to post it for everyone, but my computer that the scanner is hooked to has crashed...therefore, it will take me a little longer to get the pattern made in my publisher program. But, I will post it as soon as I can. I made the box out of double-sided designer paper from Imaginisce (Twitterpated...Flower Trails). I don't have the "Just Buzzin' By" stamp set from SU! yet, but it has been ordered. When I saw this paper, I thought it would be so cute with that new stamp set. I love bees and hives...you would think I'd have a lot of bee-themed stamps....but I don't. I have a few, which you'll be seeing more of over the next few weeks as I work on Valentine's Day stuff. The bee stamp that I used for this project was one that I bought at Wal-Mart a hundred years ago when I first started stamping. The "bee happy" sentiment is from an old SU! stamp set, I think. I had it in my stash, but don't really know exactly where it's from.


Edited 01/06/09 to add template: Here is the template for the Bee Box. Enjoy!

post signature

5 comments:

Tommy said...

Happy New Year Granny!
This is a darling box! Thanks for sharing,Hugs,Elizabeth

n2kids said...

Now that's just too cute. I'm loving the color combination.

Maria Gurnsey said...

this is so cute!!! I forgot I had this stamp...lol!! Gonna have to show it some love :)

Pearlann66 said...

can't wait for the pattern!
I think i too had/have that bee stamp from walmart!
very cute stuff as always!

Bridgett said...

What a great project! I like it a lot! I have the same bee stamp from Wal-Mart. LOL It does seem like forever ago when I bought mine, too. I bought it before I knew how to stamp!!! I hope you get your computer to work again soon! Happy New Year!