Monday, January 12, 2009

"Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid of them! The Lord your God will go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

There have been times in my life when I was afraid to stand up for what is right. God's Word tells us that there's no need to be afraid. He is with us, and will go with us all the way. Actually, He goes before us. I remember when my children were small they would be afraid to go into a dark house or dark room, unless I went first. They trusted me to protect them. We can trust our God to go before us and protect us. Do we trust that He's strong enough to handle any situation? You know, no matter where we go, we don't go empty-handed...we have the sword of the Spirit, the belt of truth, the armor of righteousness, and the shield of faith. Take courage! If God is with us, who can be against us?

Father, thank You for this day. Thank You for the armor that I put on daily to protect and defend myself...and I thank You for going into the "dark rooms" ahead of me. I know that I am safe and secure in Your strength and love. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: