Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Who Is This For?

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

Why do we do the things we do? For ourselves...for others...for acceptance...or for God? To be perfectly honest, most of my life has been spent doing things to be accepted. Sure, I've done many things for others and for myself every day. I've also done things for God. But, sadly I have to say that most often the things I have done were so that I would "fit in". I don't want to be that way anymore. I want to know in my heart that no matter what I do, how I look, where I live, how I dress, God loves me exactly the way I am. I have nothing to prove to Him. He knows me inside out, and still loves me. That blows my mind...because a lot of times, I don't even love me. How could God love me ALL the time? Yet, He does.

Father, thank You for this day You've graced me with. I cannot do anything to make You love me more than You already do. And for that, I am truly thankful. I know that You love me unconditionally...always have, always will...and I want to hide that truth in my heart and have it ingrained in my mind. I never want to lose sight of that. Father, help me today to begin living my life in such a way that everything I do, I do for Your approval...not that of man. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: