Saturday, December 6, 2008

We've Got the Power...

"Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue..." 2 Peter 1:2-3

Everything we need to live our lives in full godliness has already been given to us. He gives us the power to live holy lives, but we have to accept it and make use of that power. That power is ours through our personal knowledge of Him. We grow as Christians through an ever-deepening personal knowledge of our Lord and Savior. As we grow, then, we continually become more holy in the way we live our lives.

Father, I thank You for this day and this wonderful weekend...an opportunity to rest, relax, and spend time with my family. I know that You have already given me everything I'll ever need to live my life in full godliness. I don't always take advantage of that, and as a result, my growth as a Christian is hampered. Father, help me to make the right choices and to choose You above all things. I love You. Amen and amen.


post signature

1 comment:

Amber said...

God Bless Ya Hun and help to bring you closer back to him I am going through the same struggles right now , I always enjoy your blog glad to see another Christian so proud that they arent ashamed to show there beleifs !Have a great weekend