Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sweet Dreams...

"The sleep of a laborer is sweet, whether he eats little or much, but the abundance of a rich man permits him no sleep." Ecclesiastes 5: 12

Have you ever spent a day working nonstop to the point of sheer exhaustion? When you finally lay your weary head down, sleep seems so sweet. I guess that is what this verse is describing. The lack of sleep for the rich man could be from not having done anything to make him tired, or it could be from worry over losing his wealth. Do you know anyone like that...someone who has an abundance of wealth, yet is unhappy?

Father, I thank You for this day and the beginning of a wonderful period of rest and rejoicing over the birth of Christ. Thank You for my job and that I am physically able to be a "laborer". I have no material abundance, Lord, but I feel like I am rich in so many other ways. I have a wonderful family, a roof over my head, a job, transportation, food on my table, clothes to wear, a wonderful church, and most importantly...I have You. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: