Thursday, December 18, 2008

Still More Cocoa...


It has been so hot here lately, nobody has felt much like drinking hot cocoa, but this little cutie pie cocoa holder would make anyone smile...80 degrees outside, or not. I saw a similar project online somewhere...I'm sorry I don't remember where. I really wanted to make another cocoa holder like Lauren Meader's, but I just didn't have the time. This was really quick and easy. Again, I used an empty Papertrey Ink box. The hot cocoa mix, candy canes, and chocolate bars fit perfectly inside the box...enough for two people to share. The Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows stamp is from Cornish Heritage Farms.

Today is our first day of Christmas vacation!!!! Yippee!!! Freedom until January 5th! Richard and I are leaving for Savannah in a couple of hours. He has a checkup today, and then we're going shopping. Please pray for me...he's not the greatest shopping partner..."why do you need that?" "what are you buying that for?" "how much does that cost?" "don't you think you could do without that?"....aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh!!! I've threatened to leave him in the hotel room, or on the bench in the mall! We're going to stay overnight and try to finish up our shopping tomorrow before heading back home. I'm taking my laptop, so hopefully I'll have a chance to catch up on my blog-hopping. I've been so busy lately that I just haven't had a chance to visit all my favorite blogs.


post signature

5 comments:

Maria Gurnsey said...

I would LOVE some cocoa!! We've barely been above zero here for almost a week!! This is so cute!!!!

acreativeneed said...

This is such a cute gift! It's definitely cold enough in Montreal today to be drinking it!! At -17C, I froze when we went out shopping!
I hope your shopping trip went well!
Happy Holidays!
Deena

lakind said...

What a great idea! I have tons of those and wanted to use them for some gifts...you gave me inspiration! TFS and have {fun} shopping with dh! I leave mine home!

craft mad Jenny said...

wow, this looks great!

jenny

stampvamp said...

I LOVE this!!! (do I always make this same comment?) OM, this is GREAT!!! I need to see if you posted instructions. Otherwise I'm going to bug you... *wink*