Friday, December 26, 2008

The Season of Giving...

"For whoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because you belong to Christ, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward." Mark 9:41

In this season of giving, God's Word exhorts us to give of ourselves....not with material things....but with the gifts of time, love, tenderness, help, etc. Reach out to others who need a touch from God. As Christians, that is our duty...to spread the love of Christ and the Word of God to a lost and dying world. God's promise is that when we give, He will return to us abundantly. We can never outgive God.

Father, I thank You for this day and the love that You so freely give. Your Word promises that when we give in Your name, we will be rewarded abundantly. Father, I'm not looking for material rewards...I want a closer relationship with you. I want to seek Your face before seeking Your hands. As the New Year approaches, please move my focus squarely in Your sight. I don't want to squander the time You've given me on things that don't matter...things that have no eternal significance. Help me to be ready to give of myself, whether it's my time, my money, or my talents...to anyone and everyone who needs a touch from You. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: