Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Spirit Rejoices...

"And Mary said, 'My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior...' " Luke 1:46

This was Mary's response to Elizabeth's greeting when Mary went to visit her after being told by the Angel of the Lord that she would bear a child...not just any child...but the King! Mary was thrilled to serve her Lord and Savior. I pray that I would be as thrilled each and every time the Lord asks something of me.

Father, I thank You for this day and for the gift of Your Son, Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. I know that I have not always been thrilled when You have asked me to do something, and for that, Lord, I ask You to forgive me. I pray that from now on my response to Your requests would be that of Mary's...my soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: